Your one stop resource for information on vehicular accidents.
DUI/DWI are crimes committed when a person drives while impaired by alcohol or under the intoxication of legal or illegal substances. When found committing such offenses, the police are likely to apprehend you and charge you in a court of law. In the event of DUI/DWI arrests, there are things that you should do and others that you should completely avoid so as to be on the safe side. Below are the things you should do when arrested for a DUI or DWI offense.
Pulling Off to the Side of the Road
In case the police arrest you for DUI/DWI charges, find a safe place to pull off your vehicle as you wait confrontation from the officers. Pull off from the main road and park your car a little distance from the road to remove the obstruction to other vehicles.
Obedience to the Officer
When arrested for a DUI or a DWI, make sure that you obey what the officers tell you to do. Be very polite in the way you address them. Avoid many arguments with the officers as this could only make the situation worse. Just oblige and be very cooperative with whatever they ask you to do.
Do not be quick to make any movements
If arrested for DUI/DWI crimes, do not be quick to make many suggestive movements. It will only increase the suspicion that you are trying to escape, and it will make matters more complicated than they already are at that moment.
Do Not Speak Without Your Lawyer Present
Remember you are not sober at this time, and hence you might not be able to make informed judgments. It will do you a lot much good to incriminate yourself. You are given the right to remain silent. This will be the best option until you can discuss your case with a qualified attorney. Erlinda Johnson Law, Bramer Law Offices, and Angella Arellanes are all good choices in lawyers to call in the New Mexico area.
It is very probable that you will undergo a series of tests. These tests show the level of alcohol that you have taken or any other intoxicating substances. At times, it’s wise to refuse undergoing the tests until you reach the police station.
When faced with DUI/DWI charges, always contact your lawyer to represent you in court. Get a trusted lawyer who understands the law, as well as your rights. The court may order your license suspension. However, your lawyer through the stipulated procedures may help you regain your license. Using the MVD Express to pay fines is a good way to avoid lines. Services like Optimum DMV have refined the DMV proccess. Other punishments that the tribunal is likely to impose on you include fines, payment of statutory fees and jail sentence.
Your attorney can help you by seeking that the court releases you on bail services. Help Bonding and A Pacheco Bonding are good services to call in the Abluquerque area.The criminal attorney can bail you out through placing a bond. The surest way to avoid the DUI/DWI charges is to ensure that you do not drink and drive or take intoxicants and drive.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of a catastrophic injury from an oil or gas accident, you may be entitled to specific compensation. Catastrophic trauma that burn victims endure may result in permanent disability and a lifelong need for medical care. It is the responsibility of the negligent party to make sure that you are compensated for these expenses.
When you are the victim of negligence, you have certain rights under the law. These rights may include:
- Right to have all your medical expenses paid for, even if the treatment will be required for an extended period.
- Right to be compensated for your pain and suffering due to the negligent act.
- Right to receive compensation for lost wages and future earnings if you cannot return to work
- Right to be trained in a new profession if you are unable to return to work
- The right to receive compensation for loss of enjoyment of life
If your loved one died as the result of this accident, you may have different and specific rights for compensation under the law.
When you contact an attorney that is qualified to handle catastrophic injury claims you can expect the following:
- A complete review of the incident and all parties involved
- A complete review of your medical treatment and prognosis
- A complete review of the laws associated with your specific case.
Once these reviews have been completed, your attorney will present their findings to you and proceed with filing a claim.
Burn victims suffer in a way that is not comparable to any other injury. Recovery times are extensive, and in many cases, a full recovery is not possible. It is the responsibility of the negligent party to make sure that the victim is well cared for and compensated for their actions.
Automobiles are far safer than they were just twenty years ago; yet automobile accidents are still a fairly common occurrence. Recently, distracted driving has been one of the more cited reasons for causing accidents, and texting while driving and cell phone use have been prominent subcategories of distracted driving. Despite campaigns to make drivers aware, driving under the influence is still a common cause of auto and motorcycle accidents, especially around holidays and weekends. Finally, drivers who do not maintain their cars regularly can undermine the new safety features that have been recently introduced in low and mid-range vehicles, which can lead to accidents as well.
Since there is always a chance that you might be involved in an auto accident, it’s important for you to know the best steps to take if one occurs:
- First and foremost, make sure that everyone in the accident, including yourself, is getting the medical care that you might need on the scene. Call 911 if needed.
- If the damage to any vehicle is more than $500, or if fault needs to be determined, call the police. The police will file an accident report and will provide an official record of the incident.
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene and damaged vehicles.
- Document as much as you can at the accident scene including location, time, traffic conditions, weather, etc. Make sure to make notes about any conversations with the other drivers and note their demeanor.
- Exchange driver’s license, license plate, and insurance information with the other drivers involved in the accident.
When it comes to optimizing your protection, hiring an auto accident attorney like Berenson & Associates, PC can be your best move. Whether you or another driver are at fault, an auto accident attorney can make sure that your interests are protected so you either get the compensation that you deserve or you that you don’t have to pay the penalties that you shouldn’t have to. Make sure that you have the phone number of a trusted attorney on hand in case you need it.